School lunches are provided by Independent Catering and served by our dedicated team of Mid-day Supervisors. Meal arrangements are as follows:
- Meals are ordered and paid for through ParentPay.
- Bookings can be made up to 100 days in advance.
- A booking change can be made up to 12pm the day before.
- The daily menu will show on ParentPay but no meal selections are needed; a ‘meal’ is booked for that day.
- The class teachers will take each pupil’s menu choice at morning registration and these meal choices will be phoned through to Independent Catering by 9.30am. There will be a choice of either a main or vegetarian meal in Term 1. Hopefully in Term 2 a third choice of either a jacket potato or pasta will be added. Sides and desserts will also be sent.
- All menus are subject to availability.
- Bookings will not be possible on our Inset days.
- Where St Matthew’s Inset days do not coincide with Fordcombe’s days, parents will need to provide a packed lunch.
- The meal price is £2.65 per day.
- All meals are paid for in advance with no credit facilities available.
- In the event of sickness absence from school, a booked meal may be cancelled by the school provided the office receives notification by telephone or email by 9.00am on the day of absence.
- Meals cancelled due to sickness within the specified time will not be charged.
- Parents are responsible for cancelling meals booked on, for example, a school trip day. These meals will not be charged if cancelled by 12pm the day before.
- Parents are responsible for providing their child with a packed lunch if the meal order is not placed by the deadline.
- Dietary meals can be provided for children with allergies and food intolerances. Please ensure that the school are aware of any allergies or intolerances. Dietary preferences unfortunately cannot be catered for.
Free School Meals
If you are on a low income you may be entitled to Free School Meals. For more information and details on how to apply please click here.