We are currently looking for governors, including a Chair, from our local community to join our school’s Local Governing Body. Our governors come from a range of backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best education and outcomes for the children in our school.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who is:
· Interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
· Has spare time and energy for the role
· Is able to work well as part of a team
· Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues which affect
· Considers matters objectively and makes informed judgements
We are also looking to appoint a Chair of Governors who embodies these qualities and is able to
· Lead the Governing Body by giving clear direction in effective governance
· Help build an effective and collaborative team of governors
· Work in partnership with the Headteacher to promote and maintain high standards of educational achievement
Governors gain a great deal from their work and time they contribute. It gives them a charitable opportunity to serve the local community, contribute to children’s education, and a chance to help realise their own potential by learning new skills and practise existing ones.
For more information please see the attached information sheet
, or contact the Chair of Governors, Mrs Finch, via the school clerk, Mrs King, at firstname.lastname@example.org